The self-teaching day is one of the most interesting projects undertaken by our Vidyalaya. One full day during the year is reserved for the occasion. Besides teaching on the day, the students-leaders manage the entire school. All the teachers, peons, clerks, sweepers and even Principal are “off duty” for a day. Students take up their work. The following are the objectives of this programme.
- To create a sense of responsibility among students.
- To help students understand the organizational structure of their school and its functions.
- To develop among students an aptitude for teaching as a profession.
- To let the students understand and appreciate the difficulties of a regular teacher, support or administrative staff.
- To develop confidence in themselves.
- To realize that a position of power has to be held with utmost competence, responsibility and sensitivity.
The Student Executive is a democratically elected body of the students. It plans and initiates activities involving the whole school.
This exercise provides students with opportunities not only to use their managerial and organizational skills, and more importantly also learn important lessons in teamwork and responsibility.